Friday, June 10, 2011

Who's Hair Is It Anyway?

Here is something I thought of recently. I cannot explain how I come up with these things sometimes, but it is the result of not yet finding the 'off switch' for my brain.

I came up with the question of how exactly do women who began their lives as men deal with male pattern baldness and receding hairlines? This isn't meant to be a joke...I really wondered about this. Once a cross-dressing man is diagnosed as transgender and eventually goes through the detailed procedure for a sex change...what else (other than the obvious) is changed? Anything? Nothing??

Of course, while I never did come up with an answer, I did develop further questions. If you can help me with any of them, please post a response. Here are additional questions that my pondering uncovered:

Do the injections of female hormones somehow combat the balding that men often deal with?

If those hormones do block the cause of balding in men; then can smaller doses be used to fix the problem for men who are not transitioning to the opposite gender?

Do these second-chance women still suffer balding, but deal with it by employing wigs?

I'm stuck with all questions and no answers on this one. Anybody got a clue???

No comments:

Post a Comment