Tuesday, December 6, 2005

I Was Against Iraq Before I Was For Iraq

I used to oppose Iraq. I despised the politics of it. I had no faith in it's government. The propaganda was abhorrent. The torture, violence and murder were overwhelming. The bombings, gassings, imprisonment and torture of innocents. The random violence, destruction and mass murders of men, women and children.

It openly served as a save-haven for terrorists who murdered Americans and for those who worked fervently to develop chemical, biological and nuclear weapons of mass destruction. As an American, I feared the turmoil would continue to cause regional unrest, and that this may eventually reach our own shores.

I took every threat against our nation, our people, our way of life and our leaders very seriously. I despised the secret under-the-table dealings that enriched Saddam Hussein and his cohorts. It was, after all, all about the big money and oil. Just ask Saddam, Chirac, Schroeder, Putin and Kofi Annan.

Yeah, I used to be against Iraq before I was for Iraq.

But today, I am totally pro-Iraq.

I support the newly elected government with representatives of all major and minor sects and factions of the Iraqi people, and look forward to the next major step in only two weeks. I am overwhelmingly proud of the Iraqi people who go out to vote, apply for new jobs, and volunteer to serve their country in the military and police forces.

I am glad that we can add Iraq to our growing list of allied nations in that region of the world. And I am so very proud of the great part my country, the USA, has performed in this major change. The incredible work and the selfless sacrifices made by our US armed forces have certainly contributed to the coalition's part in aiding the positive growth in the new Iraq.

It is a wonderful thing to be a part of such a major event in world history. I now proclaim happily that I am for Iraq.

No comments:

Post a Comment